We are only three months away from summer vacation! Have you started planning for your kids?
Since 2001, the Creative Education Institute has been hosting an “unschool” camp program for kids with learning differences. Imagine an environment where kids are not judged by their peers — a welcoming environment for learning, exploration, friendship, and discovery. It’s called the Academic Fun & Fitness Camp.
Now in it’s 15th season, the Academic Fun & Fitness Camp is hard at work preparing for another rewarding summer — processing applications, developing curriculum, and finalizing activities!
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Academic Fun & Fitness Camp, here is what you need to know about the program:
- Six-week day program held at Lakeland Community College (The camp is not affiliated with Lakeland.)
- Designed specifically for kids ages 6 – 19 with learning differences — ADD/ADHD, Asperger’s, Autism, Dyslexia, LD, etc.
- 5:1 camper-to-staff ratio ensures personalized attention
- An “unschool” camp that makes learning enjoyable and fun!
- Mornings are composed of multi-sensory reading and math small group instruction.
- Personalized curriculum for each group based on IEPs and ETRs
- Campers are divided into three larger groups for the afternoon — the Browns, the Cavs, and the Indians.
- Each afternoon is composed of three one-hour activities:
- Two-week theatre arts program, organized by a professional theatre troupe.
- Non-competitive sports (eg. baseball, basketball, tennis) coordinated by our on-site sports director
- Weekly martial arts lesson with a trained instructor
- Training therapy dogs
- Music and art therapy
- Hands-on science activities from the Cleveland Metroparks
- “A Day at the Movies”
- Camp Carnival coordinated by the teens
- Parents Day Program, featuring all-camp awards presentation
- Each camper receives a DVD of the play and a copy of the camp poetry book
- Full day and half day programs available.
- All full day campers receive free lunch. Healthy snacks are provided to all campers.
- Before and after care is included at no additional cost.
Applications for Camp 2016 are now being accepted! Space is limited, so apply today! Click the ad below to visit the Creative Education Institute’s website and download your application.
For more information about the Academic Fun & Fitness Camp, please contact: