The Jon Peterson Special Needs Scholarship (JPSN) is an Ohio Department of Education scholarship that is awarded to families of children with learning differences. This scholarship is made available to those families who choose not to send their child to their local public school district. The money awarded by the scholarship is used to provide services outlined on the child’s Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
North Coast Tutoring Services has been a provider to the Jon Peterson Scholarship since it began. We provide academic services to children on the scholarship — serving clients as far south as Columbus and Cincinnati.
In order to qualify for the Jon Peterson Scholarship, your child must meet the following criteria:
- – The child must have a current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) with his/her school district.
- – The child must be of school age (grades K – age 18).
- – The child cannot be attending a public or charter school while on the scholarship.
- – The family must select an approved JPSN provider for services, who applies on the family’s behalf — like North Coast Tutoring Services.
Please note that a student receiving services under the Autism Scholarship Program or any other government funded scholarship cannot also receive services under the Jon Peterson Scholarship.
Families are able to apply for the Jon Peterson twice each year:
- – October 1st – November 15th applications are eligible for a Half-Year Scholarship, beginning the following January.- February 1st – April 15th applications are eligible for a Full-Year Scholarship, beginning the same July.
There only a few days left to apply for the 2016 Half-Year Jon Peterson Scholarship! If you are interested in applying, contact a service provider today. Applications must be submitted to your service provider no later than November 13th to ensure they are processed on time.
For more information, please contact:
Ellen — our Director of the Autism and Jon Peterson Scholarships